Karun Nair just made 300 against England in current series. He become second Indian batsman to hit 300 after Virener Sehwag. Befor Karan Nair Virender Sehwag hit 319 against South Africa in Chennai in 2007-08 and 309 against Pakistan in Multan in 2003-04. This only third time an Indian scored triple Century in Tests and two of them came in Chennai.
Records by Karun Nair after his 300 run inning
- Karun Nair is the second Indian batsman to score 300 runs after Virender Sehwag.
- Only two batsman have made a bigger score than Nair, batting at No. 5 or lower. Michael Clarke’s 329 not out against India at the SCG in 2011-12 and Don Bradman had made 304 in Leeds in the 1934 Ashes. Brendon McCullum is the only other batsman with a triple-hundred batting at No. 5 or lower in Tests
- Only 3 Number of innings it has taken Nair to hit his first triple-hundred in Tests – the least by any batsman. The quickest batsman to a maiden triple-hundred before him was Len Hutton, who got to his maiden triple-century in nine innings. Don Bradman and John Edrich got theirs’ in 13 innings.
- Only five batsman had made triple centuries at younger age than Karun Nair. Karun was 25 year and 10 days old during his first 300 inning.
- This is the first time Someone Scores Triple Century in the month December and Karun now owns this unique record.
Here is the Virender Sehwag’s funny tweet on Karun Nair’s 300
Yay ! Welcome to the 300 club @karun126 .
It was very lonely here for the last 12 years 8 months.
Wish you the very best Karun.Maza aa gaya!
— Virender Sehwag (@virendersehwag) December 19, 2016