Brendon McCullum played his last ODI against Australia on 8th Feb. In his last international match, he made 47 runs in just 27 balls. He is known for his crazy batting. He was the blasting wicket keeper batsman. We all miss him in international cricket now.
Brandon McCullum WIKI info :
IPL TEAM – Gujarat Lions
He did his ODI debut in Jan 17,2002 versus Australia.
He did his Test debut in March 10,2004 versus South Africa.
Brandon McCullum Records
Some interesting records by McCullum
- Under his captaincy, key batsmen like Ross Taylor, Kane Williamson and Martin Guptill have all averaged nearly 50 in ODIs
- McCullum’s strike rate of 152.16 since 2012 is the highest for all ODI openers in this period
- In first match of IPL, playing from kolkata knight riders, he made 158 runs, which is highest among all T20 matches
- In ODIs, New Zealand have won 30 out of 55 games under McCullum’s captaincy which is highest win ratio fon New Zealand Captains.
- McCullum became the first Kiwi batsman to slam a triple ton, and has made more double centuries (four) than any of his countrymen.
- Brendon McCullum is the first and only player to score two T20 Intenational centuries
Some mind blowing facts about McCullum
- McCullum’s nickname is B-Mac, Big Mac
- He has only one international wicket which is of Sarfraz Ahmed’s wicket in test match.
Highlight of McCullum’s 158 runs in IPL