Today Anil Kumble is appointed as the coach of team India. We all grow, seeing his “fast” spin bowling. He took 619 wickets in test cricket, remains the third highest wicket taker bowler after Murlidharan and Warne. Today sharing some mind blowing facts about him which are rarely known.
- Anil Kumble made ODI debut on 25th April 1990 against Sri Lanka
- He made test debut on 9th August 1990 against England.
- In his 4th test only he picked up 8 wickets against south Africa in 1952.
- In 1992-93 Anil Kumble picked up 21 wickets in 3 test matches against England. He got man of the series award for that.
- In 1996 he picked up 61 wickets in ODI, Highest ever by Indian bowler in a year.
- In 1999 he picked up 10 wickets in Delhi test against Pakistan.Only Second bowler after England’s Jim Laker to do so.
- Hold the record of fastest 50 wickets in test by Indian
- In hero cup final, Kumble picked up 6 wickets giving 12 runs. Best figure by Indian bowler for more than 2 decades
- Reached 300 test wickets in 2003 and 400 test wickets in 2004.
- He became the highest test wicket taker for India in 2004 by Breaking Kapil Dev’s record
- As mentioned, He is the third highest wicket taker in test. Kumble took total 619 wicket
- His last wicket was Michel Johnson
- As a captain he lead India for 14 test matches. Among them won 3, lost 5, Draw 6.
- In 1993 he got Arjuna Award
- In 1996 he got Wisden Cricketer of the year award.
- In 2005 he got Padma Sri Award
- In 2015 he got ICC hole of fame award.
Here is the score card you like to see